Saturday, September 10, 2011

The cop voice.


T-rex made fun of me the other day for getting an “accent” when I talk business on the phone.  I guess I get into it a little. I also know I have a “mom voice” and I am sure I have used it on T-rex to get him to take out the trash from time to time.

My dad would use his drill-sergeant voice when I was in trouble. My mom was mast of “the look” she also has a “life coach voice” although I am sure she will deny it.  The different voices come out from time to time.  Most of the time we don’t even know we are doing it. But to play a role in life we often times use a voice also. It’s okay I am sure everyone has a different voice for a few things in life. 

Last night T-rex called and used his Cop Voice. I don’t much like the cop voice. It means work. It means he is going to be late. It means I am not to ask questions. I hate it. 

T-rex in cop voice: “I am going to be late. Got a (some strange 10 code). Bye”

Me: “Bye , I LOVE YOU!”

I am not sure he got the last part. He was in work mode. I was happy I got the call. Sometimes he cannot call. Sometimes he is just late.  But the calls always leave me on edge when he uses cop voice. Cop voice is never a really good thing.

An hour a two later I get another call.  Not as much cop voice I liked it better.

T-rex: “Go to bed babe, I am going to be another hour or so. I will tell you about it when I get home.”

Me: “Okay, I love you, stay safe.”

T-rex: “I will, Goodnight, I love you too.”

Next thing I know he is coming home.  I still don’t know what happened, but he seems okay. He is sleeping.  After he came home I remember him sitting and saying he will sleep in his truck for another 30 minutes in case the other officer needed help.  I think that might have been a dream. But if his cop voice is getting in my dreams I might have issues. . .

No comments: