Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My BFF

I was cooking the kids lunch and thinking about a new post to put up. I wanted something educational, fun, and happy. I had nothing. I tend to write my posts out in my head before I ever get them on paper. They start “And the big cow came running after him. . . .” or “I was talking to my mom. . . .” I had nothing.


Yet everything I came up with went back to starting with me and my mom.

My mom is like my best friend, even when she does dumb mom stuff. She is the one person I can talk to for hours and hours. She pushes me to go for my dreams, and become a better person. She is the one I call when I am all panicked about T-rex’s job. I am her business partner, even if she doesn’t know it yet.

I need to get out and meet more people! Yet I don’t think I would change a thing.

So I was “writing” my post in my head and kept going back to “My mom said. . .” and that is when it hit me. I wish you all could meet my mom. She was married to a Corrections officer (my dad has changed jobs, they are still married), she loves T-rex (we joke she likes him more than she likes me! I hope it’s a joke), and she is the mother of a police wife. She has understanding I just don’t have yet.

So I did my crazy Yellow freak out and called her all kinds of excited to have her write a post! She said she will. You guys will get to meet my mom.

Sadly in all the excitement I forgot what my post was going to be about. So I will just end with this.

My mom would tell me “Put on a coat! I am cold.” Somehow when I got a coat on it made her feel warmer. I guess.

2 comments:

slamdunk said...

Sounds like a winner--looking forward to reading your mom's thoughts.

Yellow said...

My mom also wanted to point out that she would tell me "don't drink too much water before bed." And that she was right about that one.

:) I got her post today and will be putting it up tomorrow.

~Yellow
yellow@ammointhedryer.com