Friday, November 5, 2010

I know, but really that's what happened. . . .

No, REALLY, I ran into the door. Twice actually. Or maybe the door ran into me? But really!

Okay so I was trying to get the bedroom door closed. There was a shoe in the way and the door bounced back hitting me in the head. In anger, I was just all like “oh let’s see what happens if I slam the door even harder.” Just so you know the door bounces back even harder if you do that!

You will be comforted to know that the big nasty red lump on my cheek is not noticeable right now, although it hurts.

Maybe it is because I am married to a cop but I am going to have a very hard time telling people what really happened. I am so afraid this is going to bruise. I can hear it now!

“She said she ran into a door”


“Yeah like we have never heard that one before?”


“I know, and her husband is a cop!”




It kind of makes me laugh. But it also gets me thinking of all the times I lied to my parents about different stuff. I know now that they had to have known I was lying, but at the time it sounded good to me. I now also understand why sometimes when I was telling them the truth they thought I was full of it. Sadly right now any lie I can come up with for the bruise on my cheek sounds just as dumb and lame as the truth. So as lame as it sounds, I ran into the door. Twice.

4 comments:

Charlene Juliani said...

LMAO! I've done that before too...makes you feel like a real dumbass and the looks you get...my my my!

Hope it doesn't leave a big nasty bruise!

Sister Copinherhair said...

That's hilarious! Especially how you tried it harder the second time. Hope you don't bruise.

Jayne said...

LOL. I'm reading you at work and trying to stifle it - my goodness. - That's funny!

Yellow said...

I am so happy you gals were able to get a good laugh out of my pain! Ohh I had a great laugh out of it too! I didn't bruise. . .for that I am grateful, but that would have been a kick. Just remember the lesson, the door will bounce back harder, or come up with a better lie, I don't know what the real lesson is here.